The Denison Pride 30th Anniversary Celebration
Friday, March 29, 2019 1:00 pm EDT to Sunday, March 31, 2019 2:00 pm EDT
100 West College Street
Granville, OH, US 43023
Celebrating thirty years of Denison’s LGBTQ alumni network
Join us back on campus for a weekend of social gatherings with old and new friends, discussions of LGBTQ life and history on campus, career mentoring with current students, and the presentation of Founders Awards to Denison Pride’s earliest faculty mentors.
We welcome LGBTQ alums, allies, faculty, staff, students, and friends of the college to this event. (A separate invitation for on-campus faculty, students, and staff, with an opportunity to RSVP, will be forthcoming at a later date.)
Weekend highlights include:
Friday, March 29, 2019
• 1:00 PM Official Welcome Back
• 1:15-2:30 PM “Out in the Workplace: LGBTQ Issues and Careers” Panel discussion, in collaboration with the Knowlton Center for Career Exploration, moderated by Kim Cromwell ’81
• 2:45-4:00 PM “Our Stories So Far: Denison’s LGBTQ History” Panel and discussion, moderated by Professor Jeffrey Masten ’86
• 5:00 PM Reception at Monomoy Place with President Adam Weinberg
• 6:15 PM Dinner with Denison students
• 8:00 PM Evening event TBA
Saturday, March 30, 2019
• 9:00-10:00 AM Optional Tours of the Bryant Arts Center and the new Eisner Performing Arts Center
• 10:30-11:45 AM “Denison’s Queer Studies Program: History, Curriculum, Futures” Panel discussion with the program’s current and former faculty directors: Professors Robin Bartlett, Warren Hauk, and Sandy Runzo
• 12:00-1:30 PM Career Networking lunch
• 2:00-3:30 PM “Intersectionalities: Speaking Across our Identities” A group dialogue moderated by Dr. Timothy Ewing ’89
• 3:45-4:45 PM “Imagining Next Chapters: Denison’s LGBTQ Futures”, moderated by Patrick Hewitt ’10
• 6:00 PM Reception
• 7:00 PM 30th Anniversary Dinner and Program: Honoring LGBTQ student, faculty, and alumni leadership across the decades, and three early mentors in Denison Pride’s history: Julie Mulroy, Anne Shaver, and David Woodyard.
Sunday, March 31, 2019
• TBD Ad hoc Brunch…Because we’re the gay group.
• Granville Inn: A block of rooms is being held at the beautifully renovated Inn at a special rate ($169/night). Reserve before Feb 15 and mention Denison Pride to receive the rate. https://granvilleinn.com
Other local accommodations include:
• Courtyard by Marriott Newark-Granville — www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/cmhnk-courtyard-newark-granville/
• Buxton Inn — www.buxtoninn.com
• Cherry Valley Lodge — www.cherryvalleylodge.com/
Organizing Committee: Rick Carson ’65, Kim Cromwell ’81, Patrick Hewitt ’10, Jeffrey Masten ’86, with assistance from the members of the Denison Pride Steering Committee.