For quick and easy transcript ordering including official electronic transcripts, we recommend using Parchment Award Transcript Services. Parchment Award Transcript Services requests are processed daily, and all requests submitted before 3 p.m. will be processed that same day. Please note that Parchment Award Transcript Services requires a processing fee.
To order a paper copy of your official transcript directly from the Registrar’s Office free of charge, attach the completed Transcript Request Form to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Registrar’s Office will only provide paper transcripts and will process transcripts once a week on Thursday mornings.
For all transcript-related questions, contact Aaron Kaiser at email@example.com or call 740-587-5045.
The Registrar’s Office is excited to announce the arrival of a new transcript ordering service. Denison University has partnered with Credentials Solutions to provide students and alumni with an online ordering system through a secure website. Denison Registrar’s Office will still offer traditional transcript service – free of charge, which involves the ordering process on this page and the release of transcripts on paper, via US mail, or for pick up in the Registrar’s Office on the second floor of Doane Administration Building.
You now have the option of an electronic copy of your transcript that can be sent as an email to you or the recipient of your choice as a secure, encrypted document. The new service has a $3.00 fee for each transaction. It is guaranteed to be safe and offers follow-ups on delivery. The service fee is for all standard electronic transcripts, and for an additional fee, you will be able to request paper copies via mail, express domestic, and international service via express carriers.
Former students have two options to order transcripts:
- Denison University has retained Parchment Inc. to accept transcript orders over the Internet. Please visit Parchment Award Transcript Services to enter your order.
Click on the logo to make your transcript request.
- Directly from the Registrar’s Office by mailing, emailing or faxing the completed and signed Transcript Request Form [pdf] (Free of charge – paper copies only)
The Registrar’s Office is responsible for the maintenance of student academic records and the issuing of academic transcripts. In accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (Public Law 93-568) (also known as FERPA or the “Buckley Amendment”) personnel in the Office of the Registrar will issue transcripts only upon the written consent of the student. The few and rare exceptions to this directive are outlined in the legislation and have been shared with students in a policy statement included with registration materials each fall semester.
The following principles govern the issuance of transcripts and should be of interest to requestors:
- There are no Denison charges for the issuance of transcripts.
- “Holds” may be placed on the issuance of transcripts if the student has unpaid financial obligations to the institution. Contact the Cashier’s office at (740) 587-6274 to resolve holds.
- Transcripts are processed in the order they are received. Unless you have an outstanding financial obligation to the College or other hold on your record, your request will be processed within 48 hours, except during office peak times and high volume. Processing time does not reflect delivery time.
- Due to confidentiality concerns, we do not fax transcripts out.
- If your name has changed since you attended Denison University, be sure to inform the recipient of your previous names. This will assist them when matching the transcript to your file.