The Registrar’s Office will continue to operate remotely during the fall semester. Incoming calls and emails will be monitored and answered during regular business hours, M-F 8:30-4:30PM.
For quick and easy transcript processing we recommend using TranscriptsPlus. TranscriptsPlus requests are processed daily and all requests submitted and authorized before 3 p.m. will be processed that same day. Please note that TranscriptsPlus requires a processing fee.
To order a paper copy of your official transcript directly from the Registrar’s Office free of charge, attach the completed Transcript Request Form to email@example.com. The Registrar’s Office will only provide paper transcripts and will process transcripts once a week on Thursdays.
For all transcript related questions contact Aaron Kaiser at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 740-587-5045.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you in advance for your understanding.
The Registrar’s Office is excited to announce the arrival of a new transcript ordering service. Denison University has partnered with Credentials Solutions to provide students and alumni with an online ordering system through a secure website. Denison Registrar’s Office will still offer traditional transcript service – free of charge, which involves the ordering process on this page and the release of transcripts on paper, via US mail, or for pick up in the Registrar’s Office on the second floor of Doane Administration Building.
You now have the option of an electronic copy of your transcript that can be sent as an email to you or the recipient of your choice as a secure, encrypted document. The new service has a $3.00 fee for each transaction. It is guaranteed to be safe and offers follow-ups on delivery. The service fee is for all standard electronic transcripts, and for an additional fee, you will be able to request paper copies via mail, express domestic, and international service via express carriers.
Former students have two options to order transcripts:
- Denison University has retained Credentials Inc. to accept transcript orders over the Internet. Please visit TranscriptsPlus to enter your order. If you are uncomfortable placing an order over the internet, you can call Credentials Inc. at 847-716-3005 to place your transcript request. There is an additional operator surcharge for placing orders over the telephone.
Use this link to check the status of your transcript request.
- Directly from the Registrar’s Office by mailing, emailing or faxing the completed and signed Transcript Request Form [pdf] (Free of charge – paper copies only)
The Registrar’s Office is responsible for the maintenance of student academic records and the issuing of academic transcripts. In accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (Public Law 93-568) (also known as FERPA or the “Buckley Amendment”) personnel in the Office of the Registrar will issue transcripts only upon the written consent of the student. The few and rare exceptions to this directive are outlined in the legislation and have been shared with students in a policy statement included with registration materials each fall semester.
The following principles govern the issuance of transcripts and should be of interest to requestors:
- There are no Denison charges for the issuance of transcripts.
- “Holds” may be placed on the issuance of transcripts if the student has unpaid financial obligations to the institution. Contact the Cashier’s office at (740) 587-6274 to resolve holds.
- Transcripts are processed in the order they are received. Unless you have an outstanding financial obligation to the College or other hold on your record, your request will be processed within 48 hours, except during office peak times and high volume. Processing time does not reflect delivery time.
- Due to confidentiality concerns, we do not fax transcripts out.
- If your name has changed since you attended Denison University, be sure to inform the recipient of your previous names. This will assist them when matching the transcript to your file.